Creators and publishers of literary, artistic, and dramatic works can join BECLA if they have at least one original work published in printed form.
- graphic designers
Publishing categories include books, magazines, journals, and newspapers.
Both individual creators and organisations that are rightsholders themselves or which have been assigned copyright by creators can join BECLA.
Copyright holders join BECLA free of cost by signing an Affiliation Agreement. This agreement authorises BECLA to manage their reproduction rights on their behalf.
By joining BECLA, creators and publishers administer their rights collectively which presents an efficient alternative.
Other benefits of joining BECLA include:
- Better control of the amount of copying done
- Assured remuneration from the license fees collected from users
- International protection of their works through BECLA’s reciprocal agreements with RROs in other countries; these countries give the same protection to BECLA’s authors as they give to their own nationals
- Benefiting from any legal action that BECLA may initiate to obtain remedy for copyright infringement
- Educating users of copyright work, through collective action, about the need to respect copyright and comply with the law